Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cornbread cake is a sweet dessert

When Wanda Ellis brings her Cornbread Cake to work, people gather around her desk for a taste -- especially her boss.

She works in the Haines City Public Works Department for Public Works Director Mike Stripling.

She said she got the recipe from her "Great Aunti" Beadie Tanner, who lived in Georgia.

Her family is from Douglas, Ga. and published all the old family recipes in the "Guthrie Cookbook."

"I was looking through it and saw this recipe and I thought I'd try it," she said.

"I don't remember eating it when I was younger but I could have," she said.

Even though it's called Cornbread Cake, there's no cornbread in the recipe.

"The chopped pecans are what give it the cornbread texture I guess," she said.

She serves it as a dessert.

"This is quick and easy," she said.

CORNBREAD CAKE

1 1/2 c. self-rising flour

1 c. brown sugar

1 c. white sugar

1 c. cooking oil

4 large eggs

1 cup chopped pecans

1 t. vanilla

Mix together and pour in a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

Source:http://www.newschief.com/article/20120516/NEWS/205165005/1009/living?Title=Cornbread-cake-is-a-sweet-dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails